It’s Sunday again, yes the Sweet Sunday. Each of us has а child’s memory of dessert that Mom prepared, most often on weekends, sometimes for holidays. The smell of the home made sweet invokes warm memories that make you feel cozy, warm and home again. Especially when it’s winter out. This time I decided to present you the cake recipe, which is my favorite childhood memory. Extremely easy and unpretentious dessert that will be prepared for up to 40 minutes – a fruit cake with compote.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 count of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 2 tablespoons of oil
The special ingredient: 1 Compote – Fruits and juice for syrup the cake will be from compote; I love strawberries and chose strawberry compote for the recipe. You can choose whatever fruit you prefer.
- Break the eggs into the bowl and beat them well until they are foamed. Then add the tea cup of sugar and stir until it starts to melt in the eggs.
- Melt the butter during this time and also mix it with the eggs.
- Add the vanilla.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and slowly start adding it to the liquid mixture.
- When everything is ready, prepare the pan in which you will cook the pastry. For this purpose, you can use any tray – round, square, a matter of personal choice. I like the classic form for cake, which is also a great and interesting option.
- Put the butter on the bottom of the pan and arrange the fruits of the compote evenly.
- Pour the previously prepared liquid mixture and … Voilà!
- Just bake the cake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- After removing it from the oven, pour the juice from compote over the dessert. First will seem strange with all this juice around, but after about 15 minutes it will get into the cake.
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”11″ gal_title=”fruit cake”]
- Once it cools down, it can be served. If you wish, you can turn the cake with the fruits up when serving. Both cases it will be fabulously delicious.
I hope you’ll like this Sunday temptation. For more tasty suggestions, visit my Food Lover list.