Sunday again, and it should be sweet. Until now I always present to you my sweet delights that I love to cook. But as my sister said one day – “Stop with this sweet, not everyone loves it”. I think that she’s not right, but let’s assume that there is such a possibility. So … this time I decided to introduce you something different, something salty. As usual, it’s an extremely easy recipe that you can prepare for less than an hour. Salty cookies are a wonderful addition to your coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Without more preface – directly to the recipe.
- 1 cup of flour
- 125 g of cream cheese
- 125 g cow butter
- 100 g. grated cheese
- 1 yolk
- Sesame or caraway (I use both spices)
Method of preparation
- Melt the butter and mix it with the cream cheese;
- Add salt to taste and the grated cheese;
- Put the flour and stir until the mixture starts to become a soft dough;
- Knead the dough and roll it with a thickness of about 4-5 mm;
- Cut into the desired shape – sometimes I use my Christmas cookies cutters, but I think these salty cookies are going to be in “casual” shapes;
- Put them in a tray covered with baking paper;
- Brush them with the broken yolk and sprinkle them with sesame and caraway, a matter of personal choice. You can use whatever you like to decorate them.
- Last but not least – bake them in a preheated 200 degree oven for about 8 minutes each tray.
I told you it will be easy and very quick recipe that will not disturb your sweet Sunday holiday with the favorite movie 🙂
Find out HERE other tasty Sunday recipes, already tested and loved.